I love the look of cute glassine bags, but wanted a studier version that I could write on, and could use as an envelope for a tag or card. I decided to make my own using white cardstock. This month's cardstock comes in a larger 8.5 x 11" version in the Warms Your Heart kit, so it is the perfect size for making your own envelopes.
I had an unused 4 x 6.5" glassine bag which I carefully opened up to use as a template. You can use any bag or envelope you have lying around to replicate.
1. Carefully open up a glassine bag and trace onto cardstock. Cut out the image.
2. Score the image according to the template. There should be two vertical and one horizontal line.
3. Trim the top and bottom exposed edges with decorative shears.
4. Fold and adhere together.
Bonus Tutorial: Heart Paperclip
1. Fold a paperclip in half. Bend the two rounded edges towards each other.
2. This will produce a funny looking heart, but once clipped onto a piece of paper, it will look perfect.
If you like the shape of a certain bag or envelope, buy two. Use one as is and use the other for a template. Then you can make more in other colors and patterns.
Everything today was made from this month's Warms Your Heart kit!
Thanks so much for stoppin' by,