Here's what I took away:
- Include a wide variety of products (manufacturer & type of product)
- Keep shipping costs reasonable, especially international shipping
- 6x6 paper pads are still popular :-)
- Bring in some "cross-over" products (i.e., mixed media, fabric, stencil, etc.)
- Embellishments are KING! Mix it up and keep 'em coming!
I love the idea of "expanding the horizons" of paper crafters. Kick it up a notch every once in a while and include something out of the ordinary. It seems like having a couple monthly add-ons might be a viable option for folks. For instance, offering high-quality, coordinating cardstock for card bases so that those who like "the whole enchilada" can definitely have it all, but international customers can keep shipping costs down by not including it. And because embellishments come highly recommended, an additional goodie bag option may be quite appealing as well.
We all love great products and lots of them, but don't want to break the bank either. What is a reasonable base kit price?
My intention is to keep shipping costs to the actual postage price. There's no "handling fee" at PMB! However, shipping will be one of the most difficult things to control because, for the most part, it's beyond my control. Here are two scenarios I'd like your opinion and feedback on, especially those who'd need international shipping:
- For U.S. customers, I prefer flat-rate Priority Mail because it arrives in a few days and instant gratification is a good thing! Delivers to all U.S. addresses, gets there fast, is automatically insured for up to $50 (more if needed), and no need to buy shipping supplies.
- For international customers, what IS the best way to ship? You know what works, what's reasonable -- share the details and tips that will make it easy for me to understand how to get you awesome kits, in a reasonable amount of time, safely and affordably! I know there are sometimes issues with Customs when the package arrives -- what's the best way to avoid these issues?
I'm thanking you in advance for your feedback about these two critical topics. Please share your opinions below about kit pricing and shipping and I'll randomly choose one commenter on Friday, May 15 to send some thank you blog candy!