Hello PMB peeps, this is Michelle here today. I made a little purse with this month's Garden Art kit, that can be used to hold a note, small gift or a gift card. It is a fun alternative to an envelope or gift bag. It measures 3 x 3.5 x 1".
I've been using Fresh Baked Kits for the past 7 months and there is one item from the kits that I haven't used at all. I now have 70 A2 sized card envelopes lying around. Normally I use my own cellophane envelopes for the cards I give out. I wanted to find a way to use the white envelopes since I knew I wouldn't be using them in the traditional manner.
I was actually at a crop and the ladies at my table were wondering what I was doing folding and cutting up an envelope, which is the base for this purse.
1. Seal the envelope closed.
2. Score 1/2" around three sides of the envelope.
3. Slice open the fourth side, which will be one of the narrower sides.
4. Open up the envelope. Fold on all the creases. There will be two triangles sticking out on from the base. Fold those so there is a sharp point on the triangles.
6. At this point, you have the option to stop and you have a gift bag. Trim the open edge with paper edgers and decorate. I included a sample I made at Christmas.
7. To continue to the shape of a purse, measure 3" from the base and cut off the excess paper above the 3" mark on three sides, leaving only a flap at the back.
8. Fold the flap to the front, you can score the fold lines, which is where the flap meets the purse and 1" higher.
9. Trim the flap to your desired shape.
This is the purse base which you can decorate to your liking. I covered all surfaces with patterned papers, added a handle and trimmed with some embellishments. The weight of the wire clip and button makes the flap close really well, it has the feel of a magnetic clasp like with a Cricut cartridge box.
The gift bag is easier than the purse to construct, so I leave you with two options to choose from.
I hope you are inspired by all the projects from the DT using this month's Garden Art kit. The next kit and blog hop will take place on Monday, September 3rd, so be sure to come back and join in the fun.
Thanks for stoppin' by!